Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Same schedule, different day

We are very into a routine in our home.  Some might say stuck in a rut.  But it is working for us.  I'm encouraged to see how eager my son is to do "school work" and how much he's improved with reading, writing, and math, because we work on these almost every day (sometimes we have pajama days).

He's doing so well working one on one, but I am wanting to give him more.  I wish I had some sort of curriculum to follow.  Beyond a couple worksheets from the school (which he quickly finished) and a remedial TV program, we've received no further instruction from the school.


The look of pride on his face yesterday after reading two books in Japanese and today after reading one in English, is so heartwarming.  Obviously things are going well at the moment.  I'd like to continue this upward momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...