Friday, April 24, 2020

A place to vent

I was able to take a bit of time for myself today and join a group chat of moms.  While my husband worked and my son watched a couple episodes of Mister Roger's Neighborhood, I chatted with friends.

It was so good to talk about the difficulties of parenting during a quarantine, especially admitting that no one knows how to do it!  Emotions can run high when life is so crazy.  My son has been super edgy the last couple days.  He's obviously processing the strange environment we are currently in.

If I can't wrap my mind around a pandemic, how can I expect a 6 year old to do it?  All I can do is listen to his worries and hold him when he cries.

Talking with the other moms didn't really give me any concrete solutions.  After all, there aren't any guidebooks in how to deal with the ramifications coronavirus.  But just knowing we were all in this together, giving the best we can, reenergized me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...