Saturday, July 18, 2020

Tako-yum!

My son has been dropping hints for weeks.  He wanted to eat takoyaki - little balls made from a flour dough with octopus (tako in Japanese) inside.  A popular food from Osaka, where my husband is originally from, we were always eager to eat it.  It has been really hot though, and the thought of sitting around a hot skillet at the table was not appealing in the least.  

Since today was chilly (I even had on long sleeves!), we decided it was now or not for another couple of months.  

I am now basking in takoyaki delirium, similar to a thanksgiving hangover.  It is a happy place to be.

To read more about takoyaki, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...