Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Study more, study harder

Over the past week, we have implemented official homeschooling in our home.  Using the materials and schedule the school sent home has given us direction and something to accomplish.

We start each day with a Japanese lesson and school life discussion, guided by my husband before he starts his work.  I then take over for math, physical education, crafting, and music.  I also listen to my son read a book (he can choose if it is in English or Japanese) and we do a short English lesson.


It doesn't take very long, because the work takes less than 15 minutes for each subject.


When people ask my son what he is doing these days, he exclaims how much he loves homeschooling.  I think he has missed the routine of school.  Although we had a schedule, it wasn't the same as knowing his teacher assigned the work.  Work from sensei is much more enticing than work assigned from mom!

So far, so good regarding homeschooling.  Who knows when kids in Japan will return to school.  But it feels like things are under control now that we've received guidance from the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...