Saturday, May 30, 2020

More masks - summer edition

With my son starting school on Monday, he will have to wear a mask everyday.  This isn't just my requirement.  The school is also requiring kids and staff to wear masks at all times.

He already has a lot of homemade masks, but he gets really hot wearing them in the warm and humid weather.  So, I decided to make him some thin masks.  


I took apart the Abe-masks to use both the elastic and gauze.  For the front of the masks, I used really thin fabric.


Hopefully the two layers (one layer of cotton, one of gauze) will allow him to release more heat from his body so he doesn't get overheated as the temperatures continue to rise.  But it will still capture his spit, reducing the chance of transmitting Covid-19.

If he still gets overheated, I saw somewhere that people were sewing little pockets inside masks to put tiny ice packs.  I'll take things one step at a time, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying this method as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...