Sunday, April 5, 2020

Many many masks

I have been on a mask mission today.  With the stores being sold out of disposable masks for 2 months, plus my desire to waste less, I have been making as many as I can.

I've tried a couple different patterns.  Some sew faster than others and some fit better than others.  But I just keep on sewing!


One night I was trying to sew pleated masks and I broke 3 needles because I was sewing through too many layers!  So, I had to wait over a week for more needles to be shipped to my door.


As I dug through my box of quilting fabrics, I have gotten so excited to use various patterns.  I don't need much fabric for each mask, so I have lots of options.

Need to roll the edges of these and attach the elastic.  
Almost done!
I've made so many, I've been giving them away.  A lot of people don't sew, but would happily use a cloth mask.  I am so happy to share.  My neighbor was so confused when I left a couple on her doorstep!  But she quickly realized it was me.

I know that the masks aren't a guarantee to protect my family and friends from Covid-19, but it still makes me feel better to be making them and wear one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...