Friday, May 21, 2021

Impressive parking

For some strange reason, I am obsessed with parking in Japan. I don't know why this peaks my interest as much as it does. Maybe it is because I have horrendous depth perception... Regardless of the reason why, the car parking situation can be incredibly impressive.

As I walked through a neighborhood the other day, I ran across this car. Hopefully the driver never gets behind the wheel exhausted because they could easily ruin their car by not having their car perfectly centered in the parking space! Why didn't they put a little bumper on the edge? It seems worth the investment. (And while you are checking out the parking space, also look how skinny this building is! It is a home that is one room wide. Fascinating!)


While garages are not typical in Japanese homes (if there is parking it is more likely to be a car port), I have been seeing more and more homes with them. But they are TINY! I've even seen some that I would not be able to stand up in! Even more impressive (or shocking) are the ones that the driveway is on a downhill slope. Sometimes I wonder how they don't scrape the top of their car.


With so little space, people are extremely creative when it comes to parking. But it isn't just creativity, it is also talent for getting their cars into the exact same tiny space each and every time they drive. Kudos to all those drivers. Me and my lame depth perception will be on public transportation.

***This isn't the first time I've written about this weird obsession. Check out these other photos of cars parked at their homes!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...