Saturday, May 23, 2020

A big cover up

Our Abe-masks have finally arrived.  Over a month and a half ago on April 1, Prime Minister Abe committed to sending 2 cloth masks to every household in Japan.  Knowing that many households have more than 2 people in them, there were a lot of jokes about how they would be distributed between the family members.

We didn't think much about the masks, other than wondering when they would arrive.

As time went on, we heard even more jokes about the size of them (fit a kid, but not an adult).  We were curious, but there was no sight of them.

Finally, they arrived today.  I checked the mailbox and there they were.  I think my husband was a bit disappointed I found them because he's mentioned their lack of arrival more than once.


I have to agree with the teasing.  They are comically small.

Avoid the "3 C's" - Closed spaces, Crowded places, and Close conversations.
Washing instructions and notes for daily life.
A note explaining the masks.

But I actually don't want to use the mask.  Stores, even online ones, have been out of thin elastic for weeks and weeks.  I am going to utilize the mask elastic for my own homemade masks.  So, they won't be going to waste.  They just won't be used for what they were intended for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...