Friday, May 29, 2020

He reads

As we enjoyed my son's last weekday at home for a while, we worked together to complete all his homeschooling work.  After wrapping up his Japanese, PE, Math, Life Skills, and Art, all he had left to do was read a book.  He was itching to play, so I told him he could play outside for a bit while I planted a couple more tomatoes.

While we were outside, a couple of the neighbor kids came out eager to watch him catch bugs with his new bug catching net.  They happily ran up and down the courtyard looking for butterflies and only catching potato bugs.

After a bit, I reminded him that he needed to read.  He disappeared for a couple minutes and showed back up with a book in hand.  I was fine with him reading outside.  So, I didn't say anything and just let him be.

Soon I could hear him reading aloud.  I looked up to find him reading aloud to the neighbor kids.


My heart just filled with mushy feelings to see him reading to these two little sweethearts.  Homeschooling has not been all sunshine and rainbows, but it has been pretty wonderful and rewarding way to bond with my son.  Luckily he has a lot of work to do in the English department that he won't be getting at school.  That responsibility will still be on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...