Friday, June 19, 2020

From a volunteer

Last October a tiny little volunteer tomato appeared in a container.  I left it alone, barely ever watering it over the winter even though it was under the overhang and unreached by rain.  It lived through the winter, which was shocking to say the least.  Slowly it grew tomatoes and yesterday we were able to enjoy the first fruit of the season.

Tomato - Vernissage from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

There is nothing better in my book than the taste of homegrown tomatoes!  But ones that I didn't even baby are even better.  

Since the seeds that I planted back in March have not even flowered yet, this is an extra lovely treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...