Thursday, May 14, 2020

Fresh air

Ever since our little incident with our neighbor, my son hasn't wanted to play outside.  He comes up with all sorts of excuses.  But today, I wasn't hearing any of it.  We are expecting a big rain storm to come though on Saturday, so we need to get as much vitamin D before staying inside all day (yet again).

After he finished his schoolwork, I grabbed a thermos of water and some snacks and we headed to the park.  It has been forever since we spent the afternoon at the park.


We found a quiet patch of grass and laid a mat down to sit on.  My son found a decaying tree stump to investigate.  I relaxed and enjoyed the breeze.


The two of us played a bit, read "Ramona and her Mother", and talked about all sorts of things.  It was such a wonderful afternoon.  Just what he needed to reignite his love for the outdoors.

I'm so glad I was able to take him out and let him just play and be a kid for a while.  It is what all kids need right now - a little dose of their normal.  And for us that is playing outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...