Sunday, April 19, 2020

Our own salad

Tonight's dinner featured a salad straight from the pots in our little "yard", or as we call it, the rock garden.  The little lettuce starts we bought have a few big leaves.  Our pea shoots are doing great, even after I gave them a little trim.  I even cut a few celery leaves to join in the party.  It was a little taste of sunshine on our dinner plates.


Planted just 10 days ago, I'm amazed that we are already eating homegrown food.  It is such a pleasure to eat fresh salad right now.


I've never grown microgreens before, but it was easy to do after watching a couple videos on the topic.  Basically, you start the seeds in really cramped spaces.  When they are just about bite size, cut and eat!  They are packed with vitamins, and super, super tasty.  Plus, they are quick and easy to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...