Friday, March 20, 2020

The library is take-out only

While out walking with my son, we decided to swing by the library.  I had a book to return and it gave us a destination.

Since we've been watching Doodling with Mo Willems on YouTube, my son wanted to see if the library had a copy of "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus".

As we walked in the door, I immediately noticed there was a barricade preventing patrons from going anywhere other than the check out desk.  There were a few people milling around on the other side of the barricade, but they were easily identifiable as employees (they were wearing masks, aprons, and name badges).  


The woman at the desk explained that they were only allowing pick up of holds and returns for the remainder of the month.  I didn't know how to put anything on hold, so she looked up two books and placed a hold on them for my son.  


We'll have to wait to pick them up, but at least we can still have new reading materials.

Although it is difficult not living our "regular lives," it is so nice to have little bits still available to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...