Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Supplied

While I stayed home on Sunday to get some things done around the house, my husband and son ventured out to get some more school supplies.  Although the list isn't long, everything must be purchased before the start of school in early April.  Since we like to be prepared, it eases our mind to get it all done sooner rather than later.

We have already purchased the randoseru (backpack) and gym clothes.  But we still needed to buy our son a pen case, pencils, a red pencil, erasers, indoor shoes, scissors, and a color pencil set.  At some point I will need to make a fabric mask for him to do kitchen duty as well as some bags.

The school told us that it is against the rules to bring supplies with characters.  This made me sad since I have such fond memories of awesome lunch boxes with Winnie the Pooh and other characters on them.  Picking out the folder that I would carry all year was a really big deal when I was 6.

They knocked a couple items off the list and picked up a few extra items as well.  Pen case, check.  Pencils, red pencil, and eraser, check.  Scissors, check.  Extra items included a pencil sharpener to decorate our son's desk and some labels.  We have to label absolutely everything.  He also grabbed a plastic sheet that is used to have a firm writing surface in workbooks.


The more we buy, the closer we get.  It is such a big deal for kids to start elementary school  Of course, it is a big deal for their parents, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...