Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Sticking close to home

As I continue to watch the news regarding the coronavirus (also known as Covid-19), I find myself getting more and more concerned.  I realize that I am healthy, as is my family, and we are very low risk for getting it, but the concern is still there.

I find myself reading much more about the spread and it is daunting.  I understand the facts about the disease.  It is the unknown that is unnerving.

I've been sticking closer to home recently.  Today, instead of exploring, my son and I simply walked around Hikarigaoka Park with our neighbor.  It feels a bit boring, but it makes me more comfortable.

I wonder how long I will feel this way.  Is it a passing phase, or will the reality of living in such a crowded city plague my mind?  I've never been much of a germaphobe, but I think I'm dipping my toe in the water right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...