Saturday, January 25, 2020

A most normal day

When I woke up this morning, I didn't have plans.  I had a list of chores and things to do, but nothing too exciting.  

My sweet husband and son brought me breakfast in bed and then we did some chores.  


The laundry is a never ending task, as are the dishes.  The hardwood floors need daily attention.  It doesn't take much time, but everything has to be done regularly.  

Since we didn't have lots to do, I took the time to whip up more yuzu honey and ponzu.  We go through so much of these that I try to make as much as I can!

We needed to go shopping, so after a very slow start, we rode our bikes to Shimachu (a cross between Home Depot and Fred Meyer) to pick up some supplies for a future project and then to the grocery store.

Once home, my husband whipped up a batch of takoyaki.  My son had a lot of fun pretending we owned and operated a restaurant selling takoyaki during dinner.  

It was a very normal day that passed by in a blink.  And it was a very wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...