Friday, January 24, 2020

Would you eat that?

My son and I play a lot of games as we walk around town.  "Guess the animal" involves giving 2 hints describing an animal, getting 2 guesses, and going back and forth until the guesser guesses correctly.  It keeps him entertained and often facilitates discussions between mother and son.

Our newest game is "would you eat that" where we make up recipes and ask the other person if it sounds appetizing.  Depending on the mood, this game can get pretty gross or it can be super interesting.  I personally try to squeeze bugs into many of my offerings, which is hysterical to my 6 year old.

Of course, sometimes this game becomes a bit too real when we see something truly unique in a shop or restaurant.  I often eat things that I'm not 100% sure what there are because I can't read labels and descriptive labels.  But when I read a label and still lift my eyebrows in surprise, that is something that could be game-worthy.

Recently, I stopped at a bakery and spotted "Weiner Tortilla (Teriyaki)".  Eyebrows fully engaged, I offered it to my son.  He quickly passed saying "nope.  I don't want it."


So the question remains, would you eat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...