Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The virus continues to spread

As Covid -19 numbers continue to rise in Japan (especially Tokyo, reporting 147 new cases in just the first seven days of June), I have the unsettled feeling that things are going to get worse before they get better.  

Just a short distance from our home, they have set up a drive through testing facility.  It is an interesting concept considering how many families I know that don't own a car.  But for those that do have a car and a concern that they've been exposed, I'm glad it is there for them.


As I watch the numbers rise again, it makes me question venturing out.  Are we doing the right thing?  Are we putting ourselves in danger?  How long can we survive without seeing our friends?

I don't have any answers.  But many people I know have gone back to their pre-covid lives.  I'm just not ready yet to think everything is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...