Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Bump on the nose

After homework was completed and dinner was cooked, my son and I had some time to kill before dinnertime.  I made a couple suggestions and he picked going to the park, even if it was only for 20 minutes of play time.  

We walked over and he quickly got busy playing on the equipment.  He spent a couple minutes on the swings, did a couple passes on the monkey bars, and whipped around the zipline loop several times.  Up next he wanted to show me how he flips around the horizontal bars.


The first flip went smoothly, but the second ended with his nose whacking the bar on the dismount.  


Luckily there wasn't any blood, but the bridge of his nose quickly started changing color.  I told him we should head home and put ice on his nose.  As we headed back, I texted my husband so he could have the ice ready.

Once back, we knew his nose was going to be just fine.  But I was less than fine.  Once again, I am confronted with one of my biggest fears  - an emergency with my child where I cannot communicate with people what is wrong or needed.  I hope to never find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...