Thursday, May 7, 2020

Grow your own forest

Since we can't reach very much nature these days (in order to reach a space that we don't have to share with thousands of other people, we have to get on a train, which we are not doing these days - weird to realize it has been probably 2 months since I last got on a train...), I decided to make some of my own.  I'm not talking about the garden outside.  Instead, my son and I are trying to turn the spare room into a forest.

We started by painting a tree on paper and affixing it to the wall.


Next we decided to employ crayons for a second tree.


We've begun making a third tree with mosaic "tiles."  We'll have to finish this one tomorrow.


I'm sure this project will take us several days.  Regardless, we are having fun and my son is already brainstorming what creatures he will pretend to be inside the magical forest.

Last night the school district sent the official email that school would be out until at least May 31st.  We do have to stop by the school next week to pick up additional schoolwork.  I hope it is more than they gave us last time!  Although I do have to say my son's reading in English and Japanese has greatly improved in the last seven weeks, as well as his addition and subtraction.

Regardless of school, I doubt we will be having visitors anytime soon, so I'm glad to be using the space!


****************
If you have ideas for methods to make trees, please let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...