Monday, April 27, 2020

Tight parking spot

It is pretty hard to get a drivers license in Japan.  I've heard that the driving test is pretty difficult to pass.  So, most people choose to go to a driving school.  If they pass the class, they don't have to take the driving portion of the test at the Department of Licensing.

I didn't have to take a test or go to a driving school because I fell into a special group of people that is just allowed to exchange their license for a Japanese one.  Despite having a Japanese driver's license, I have never used it except for ID.  I honestly think it is better that way.

Every time I see a crazy tiny parking space at someone's home, I am reminded that it is a good thing that I don't drive here.  I think I would ding up a vehicle very quickly trying to park around here!


I often wonder if they bought the car to fit in the spot, or if they made the spot to fit the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...