Saturday, March 14, 2020

The stress of it all

I honestly think my stress level has only increased with the spread of Covid-19.  As it has infected the US as a rapid pace, I am worried about loved ones.  A friend stopped by today, excited to tell me about her upcoming visit to her home country, only to find out later today that New Zealand has enacted a 14-day quarantine for most arrivals.  This means she cannot go see her family because the trip would have been shorter that 14 days.

While I try to remain positive for my son, I have realized that I'm simply internalizing the fear and worry.  He had a great day - including testing various types of parachutes, doing a kid's yoga video, baking a pineapple upside-down cake, and watching Pinocchio for the first time.


I, on the other hand, checked the news incessantly and fought back heartburn and coped with tense neck muscles.

In the afternoon, snow fell out of the sky in huge flakes.  I watched from inside our living room, floored by the strange weather.  Just two days ago I was wearing short sleeves!  All I could think was "every time I think things can't get weirder, they do!"


Tomorrow the weather is forecast to be very nice.  I will go for a walk and clear my head.  Until then, I'll be thinking of you.

1 comment:

  1. Everything definitely has a surreal, dreamlike quality right now.

    ReplyDelete

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...