Friday, April 23, 2021

Rinse and repeat

We are in a vicious circle and it is incredibly discouraging. I have spent so much time ignoring the reality of my surroundings that when I heard today that the Japanese government is declaring, once again, a state of emergency order due to Covid, I was really irritated.

Just last week the schedule for immunizations in Nerima was communicated to the residents. They are currently vaccinating healthcare workers and those residing in elderly care facilities. In late May, people aged 75 and older will become eligible for vaccines. Those 65 and older can get vaccines starting late June. Mid July will open to those with preexisting conditions. The general public will have their time in August.


Although I highly doubt the schedule will remain the same, the news of this state of emergency gives me even less hope for the near future. It is really discouraging. When will I ever be able to see my family and friends again? Right now, it feels like never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...