Monday, March 23, 2020

How do you like your toast

If cereal isn't your thing, maybe you prefer toast to start your day.  My husband loves to have bread for breakfast.  I often oblige his desire to have a thick slice of toast.

I also try to provide a variety of toppings for the toast.  I have made him persimmon jam and persimmon butter, as well as almond butter.  I have bought him sugar-free jams and sugar-laden spreads, too.

While at the market on Sunday, there were several things I jokingly offered to buy for him.


These squeeze pouches send two flavors of sugar onto your toast.  Pick from black & white chocolate; chocolate & peanut butter; honey & butter flavor cream; and strawberry & butter flavor cream.

If you don't want something sweet, there are these other tubes that offer savory options.


Your toast can be adorned with garlic, basil, mentai (a spicy fish egg, very popular in Japan), or porchini mushrooms.  Each flavor is blended with margarine to make a spreadable paste.  It is intended to be smeared on bread and then toasted.

I still love to find new to me items on the store shelves.  What will they think of next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...