Friday, February 14, 2020

Religious touch screens

I have noticed big orange information signs with touch screens at several shrines recently.  In addition to a large map of the surrounding area, they have tons of information just a finger tap away in both Japanese and English (possibly more languages, I didn't check).


I'm so impressed that they don't just offer directions, but contain information about appropriate behavior (like how to pray) and information about the shrine.

Sorry for the horrid photos of the screen.  
It's really hard to capture it on a sunny day.

These signs will be very helpful for first time visitors and those looking for additional information.  I'm guessing people are thinking ahead to the influx of visitors expected for the Olympics.  I hope I see more and more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...