Saturday, February 15, 2020

Pizza please

When we decided to just hang out in Nerima and go to local parks, we knew we needed to grab lunch at some point during the day.  Knowing that the rocket park and octopus park were located close together made out destination easy to choose.  After a bit of research, my husband found a pizza restaurant he wanted to check out.  It sounded good to me.  Pizza always sounds good to me!

We biked over to Up Market and found a bona fide pizzeria.


The restaurant is housed in 2 buildings - one is the kitchen with the wood fire oven and a salad/tapas bar, as well as the cash register; the other is two stories of seating.  There is also a lovely courtyard for sitting outside (pets are welcome in this area!).


The menu looked amazing - featuring authentic Italian pizza and pasta.


They had an appetizing kids plate featuring salad, chicken, a beef patty covered in marinara sauce, french fries, ketchup rice, and panna cotta.  My son was super excited to order it.


My husband ordered the pasta of the day featuring roasted meat and mushrooms, while I ordered a pizza with meat and vegetables.


Everyone's food was amazing.  The kid's plate food was filled with very tasty food.  My husband's pasta was well balanced and full of flavor.  The pizza was the perfect level of saltiness, had just the right amount of toppings, and the crust was perfect.

This restaurant was an amazing little escape.  I actually forgot I was in Tokyo during our lunch.  There aren't many places I can say that about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...