Sunday, November 10, 2019

The orange stuff

A few days ago, the owner of the produce shop let me know he had some hachiya persimmons in stock.  I made time in my schedule to go over to the store to pick some up.  Making hoshigaki is very exciting for me.  I enjoy them so much!

This time, after peeling and dipping the persimmons in boiling water for 10 seconds, I then dipped them in vodka.  It's a small change.  I wonder if I'll be able to tell a difference in them after they are done.


Now they hang outside, making me smile as I think of fall.  They are the perfect November decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...