Saturday, November 16, 2019

Looking at the pretty pictures

I've always been captivated by photographs.  A well photographed subject can draw me in and make me think.

Whenever we are in Roppongi Midtown, I like to swing by FujiFilm Square.  Tucked into a corner of the building is a free gallery.  Every month or so they display a new collection to entice, intrigue, and entertain.


I'm so impressed to find little free museums such as this in such a big city where real estate is at a premium.

Tonight's exhibit was superb.  Photos from around the world by Osamu Kobayashi, several of which I could have stared at for hours.  One was an impressive shot of lightning striking near Sky Tree.  I love a good lightning photo, but this one was explosive.  The second was entitled "The sea to the west of Okinoshima Island (Japan)".  If you simply glance at it, it appears to be just a sea of blue.  But upon really looking at it, there is so much to really see.  I wish I could share those photographs with you, but there are signs everywhere saying no photographs!

Unfortunately, the exhibit closes on November 20th.  But luckily there will be more exhibits to come.  And I will make sure to stop by and take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...