Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Gotcha!

As a kid, I loved candy machines.  Put a quarter in the slot, twist the knob, and out pops a handful of candy.  I was a huge fan of Runts and M&M's.  You don't see those candy machines very often any more.  People want a sealed package of candy, I guess.

But all over Japan, there are banks and banks of similar machines.  Instead of candy, they hold toys and fun things.  And they are everywhere!  Restaurants, malls, and even airports often have a huge selection of "gotcha-gatcha" machines.


There are always a wide variety of choices.  And the rule always go, get it when you see it because you may never see it again.


My son loves to peruse the toy options.  While I try not to encourage lots of little plastic toys, he goes crazy over tiny food and stamps.  From wind up toys to little tools, there is always something he desires.

Depending on what machines one finds, these little toys can make a nice little souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...