Thursday, October 24, 2019

Cup of chai

For a country that really likes its tea, you don't see a ton of chai around.  It can be found, but it isn't super common.  As a chai fan, I enjoy a good cup of it once in a while.  When I have the sweet and savory beverage, I like to sit back and really relish it.

While my son was at ballet class, I had some time to kill.  So, I popped over to "Bakery Old Kitchen Organic".  The Hikarigaoka shop is teeny tiny with one table of pastries in the center of the shop, an ice cream freezer off to one side, and a counter where they make drinks and customers pay.  They do have a second floor for customers to sit and enjoy their treats. 


I picked out a mini pizza-like pastry and ordered my chai.  I headed upstairs and secured a table.  The ceiling on the second floor is only 5 feet high, so I had to duck.  When my friend told me that she loved sitting in the cozy little upstairs, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it.  But as soon as I was seated, I felt so comfortable. 


I had brought up my pastry with me, and the chai latte soon followed.  I sat back with my book and just enjoyed the moment.  Between the tea, my book, and the bit of ambiance, I felt super relaxed. 


All too soon, it was time to pick up my little dancer.  I departed the cafĂ© feeling a little lighter.  I know I'll be back to recreate this little "momma time" scenario again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...