Friday, October 25, 2019

Raindrops are falling on my head

We were so relieved to learn that the latest typhoon would stay over water and not hit land.  This means we didn't have to deal with the winds, but the rains still came.

Just as I was going to sleep last night, I could hear the rain falling.  I love falling asleep to the sound of rain.  It is so peaceful and relaxing.

When I woke up it was still raining.  After getting ready, I bundled us up and we headed off to my son's school.  It was pouring down rain.  Even with rain boots, a rain coat, and an umbrella, I was still pretty damp when I returned to the house.

I spent the day working on the computer, keeping my head down only looking up periodically when the rain got really loud.  All day it kept coming down in droves.

By the time I needed to pick up my son, water was flowing over the street and sidewalk.  All I could think of was those areas still dealing with the aftermath of Typhoon Hagibis.


Walking back home was fun, but wet.  I couldn't believe how many moms were riding their bike in the pouring rain.  I have ridden my bike in rain like this and I couldn't see!  In my opinion, it is quite dangerous.  Of course, I wasn't raised riding my bike all the time and I live super close to the school.


Overall, we received 92 mm (3.6 inches) of rain today!  It was unbelievable!  Then at 4:00, it suddenly stopped.  Nothing more has come from the sky.  The streets and sidewalks have dried up and the world is acting like nothing happened.  I've often tried to tell people about the "light switch" rain in Japan, today being the perfect example of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...