Monday, May 28, 2018

What is that?

I see lots of products that cause me to do a double take.  Sometimes I pause due to a unique flavor of a known product that I've never seen before.  Other times it is totally new to me.  Nonetheless, it is always interesting to say the least!

Recently I've been seeing a lot of peach Coca-Cola.  Since I don't drink soft drinks, I cannot vouch for the taste.  But the thought just make my stomach turn a bit.  I love peach, but peach Coke???  I think not.


I have seen people make s'mores with chocolate, marshmallows, and saltines here.  But seeing s'mores pizza was a bit much.  I've had this brand of frozen pizza before and it is bad.  I can only imagine what they would do with this.  Yuck.


When I lived in Osaka 15 years ago, I got hooked on two types of unconventional American candy - Kit Kats and Mentos.  I loved the grapefruit mentos and the plain yogurt Mentos.  They both really hit the spot.  I prefer less sweet candy with a sour side, so these both fit the bill.  I have seen both flavors since moving here, as they are still around.  But the Mentos flavor that has peeked my interest the most is the chocolate caramel variety!  They weren't half bad.  Not as good as my other preferred flavors of many years ago, but not bad either.


The most unique product I've seen recently is pouches.  I've seen pouches for kids.  Although they gross me out (you should be able to see and smell your food and not just stick it blindly in your mouth), I never even contemplated having pouches for pets.  What an interesting concept!  And they don't even discriminate.  There are varieties for cats and dogs.


In this crowded land, there really is something for everyone.  You just have to keep your eyes peeled for things that are a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...