Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I'm sick

My head hurts.  I can't stop coughing.  My sneezes leave me feeling empty.  Ugh.  I hate being sick.  Luckily a dear friend shipped me Puffs with lotion, otherwise I don't know what I would do right now.

I have even succumbed to wearing a mask in public.  My son loves to wear masks.  He thinks it is like playing dress up.  He especially likes to buy the masks with characters on it.  I did find some for night time with moisture inserts so you don't wake up with super dry mouth/throat.  I hate wearing these masks.  They are a cultural norm here.  Many people wear them even when they aren't sick, just in case someone else that they are around is sick.  I've heard that some women wear them when they don't want to put on makeup.  I've never had that problem, since I rarely wear makeup.


I have been suffering for days and I am sick of being sick.  Thank goodness I brought Nyquil with me from the states.  Otherwise, I don't think I'd make it through the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...