Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The sound of music

My son came home from school full of joy.  He opened the door and announced his arrival.  "I have it!  I got to bring it home!"

I rushed to the door to greet him with hugs (which I do everyday regardless of his entrance).  He held in his hands a light blue case.  Inside was the prize of many first graders in Japan - a "kenban harmonica" or Melodica.  Kids here learn to play the little piano attached to a mouthpiece that they have to blow through.


After washing his hands and putting his water bottle in the kitchen, he broke open the new instrument.  Then he played and played and played.  


He played so long, I wished it came with ear plugs.  I'm sure once he learns a song or two it will improve, but until then... wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...