Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Bugging out

One of the things my son loves most about living here is the bugs.  They are so interesting for him to observe and learn about.

He recently acquired two new bugs - a praying mantis he found near our house and a rhinoceros beetle that was gifted to him.  

Today was a very exciting day on the bug front.  

We discovered the praying mantis has molted.  It is something that isn't seen every day.  My son was so excited, he ran to show the neighbor kids.  They were equally impressed.


In the evening, my son went to the rhinoceros beetle's cage and shouted for my husband and I to come immediately.  He was thrilled to see the beetle eating the sweet, high protein jelly that is the beetle's food.  They are nocturnal creatures, so it was very fun for him to see so much action during daylight hours.  


Both bugs can be found in the park on a fairly frequently basis.  We just can't seem to get enough of watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...