Thursday, July 16, 2020

Go or stay

The Japanese government is trying to promote traveling domestically.  The economy is hurting (just like it is all over the world), and they want to get people out and spending money.  However, the rates of Covid infections is on the rise - especially in Tokyo.  So, they want people to travel and spend, unless you are from Tokyo.  

We had 284 new cases today in Tokyo alone.  This is really discouraging.  I'm nervous for the upcoming summer season (if this rainy season ever ends, that is).  I am sure my family will be sticking close to some, reminiscent of the quarantine earlier this year.  This thought depresses me so much.  

I miss traveling around Japan and actually doing things.  I miss exploring with my family and expanding our horizons. 

I want to stamp my feet like a young child and scream "Covid go away and don't come back!  Leave us alone!!!"  I'm sure I am not alone in this sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...