Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Ruined pillow

Today I decided to wash our pillows.  It was another hot day, so I figured I could send them through the dry cycle and then hang them outside to make sure they were fully dry.

Unfortunately, sometimes I forget that I don't have my huge American washing machine and dryer.  I could only fit one pillow inside.  After most of the washing cycle, the washer emitted an error alert.  It couldn't wring the pillow out.  

I removed the pillow and wrung it out as best I could.  I then placed the pillow back inside the machine.  I ran the spin cycle.  Figuring it was fine, I walked away and busied myself with making yogurt and granola for future breakfasts.  

When I checked on it a bit later, the pillow was just as wet as the first time I pulled it out.  Oh, how frustrating!  I figured next I would try just drying it.  So, after squeezing the pillow out once again, I put it in the dryer.  

After an hour, I checked on it.  It was not getting dry at all!  I forgot that my dryer uses steam to dry clothes.  It was not making a dent in the pillow.  I squeezed it out once again and hung it outside.

After hanging out there for over 6 hours, the top half was dry, but the bottom half wasn't.  Oh, goodness!  I need to get this pillow dry before it starts raining again!  

I have it hanging in my washing room overnight.  There is one more day of sunshine before the rains hit again.  I bought it not too long ago, so I really hope I didn't ruin it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...