Saturday, May 16, 2020

Rainy day

The weather is giving us a run for our money.  Yesterday, it was sunny and 82°F/28°C.  Today was rainy, windy, and only 69°F/21°C.  Tomorrow will spring right back to sunny and 80°F/27°C.  It is enough to make a person feel unbalanced.

But life in general is really unbalanced right now.  Everything is going up and down and feels out of control.

The best thing about rain is the emptiness.  The majority of people stay home.  Being from the Northwest of the US, I have no qualms about getting my feet and shoulders wet.  So, I love walking in the rain and feeling the peace of my surroundings.  Even the grocery stores are less crowded because everyone watches their weather app and they know if they wait for just an hour the rain will be gone.  But me, I'm out there.  Enjoying the solitude.

The rainy season will be here sooner rather than later.  This year, even more than usual, I am looking forward to the arrival of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...