Sunday, March 29, 2020

Waiting for locusts

I woke up this morning to an alternate universe.  Not only are we quarantined, we woke up to snow!  And not just a little snow.  It snowed all morning until we had 3 inches accumulated!  What is next?  It is so crazy!


Despite the snow, I had an agenda today.  I really wanted to go through every food item in my house and get an honest assessment of everything I have in the cupboards, drawers, closet, and yukashitashuno.  It may seem silly, but so many things get lost and overlooked over time.  Next thing you know, there is a bunch of expired stuff back there that just needs to be thrown out.


After pulling everything out, my son helped me categorize everything.  Then we were able to come up with some menu ideas for using up older items.


My son declared "you don't need to buy any snacks for a while.  That should last me at least a week!"


It felt good to get such a big task done.  It has been in the back of my mind for a while now.

As Covid-19 spreads at a rapid pace across Tokyo (Japan reached more than 1,800 diagnoses today, the same number Spain and France had just 18 days ago), it is nice to feel prepared for staying indoors for long periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...