Saturday, February 1, 2020

Exploring Nagatoro (Part 1 of 3)

We spent the day in Nagatoro hiking with Hike it Baby.  It was another amazing day that has left us tired, happy, and grateful for such an amazing experience of exploring with our son.

My husband joined us for this adventure that started with a 2 hour train ride into Saitama.  

After arriving at Nagatoro Station, we walked with friends just 5 minutes to see the tatami rocks near Arakawa River.  Iwadatami (tatami mats of rocks) are thin layers of rocks created naturally by changes in the earth's crust and erosion from the river.  No matter the explanation of their creation, they are beautiful and interesting to see.


My son loves climbing, so this was the perfect place to play.  (We kept a close eye on him to make sure he was staying safe.)  He quickly transformed into a lion seeking for his place on Pride Rock.  I love how a little bit of time out in nature brings out his creative side.

We stayed for about an hour, but we all could have stayed for longer.  My son liked digging in the sand.  I liked watching the tour boats go down the river.  My husband liked exploring the naturally occurring pot holes.  And we all enjoyed walking and exploring the neat rocks.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...