Monday, December 23, 2019

Is it gyoza or is it dessert?

My husband heard about a new (to us) cake shop - Sweets Paradise.  It is well known for it's realistic looking cakes.  Of course, he couldn't wait to check it out.


He came home today with a surprise and a bit of excited energy.  He excitedly showed me his bounty of gyoza (pot stickers).  While I was a bit confused, he told me that he couldn't wait.  They looked exactly like the delicious savory food we enjoy every time we are feeling under the weather.


After a quick sushi dinner from Fresh Hikari, it was time for our gyoza dessert.  Touted as apple pie, I was curious if the little costumed treats would fulfill his desires.

They gave us heating instructions, but my husband didn't want to take the time to heat it up.  Instead we dug right in.  It tasted... fine.  I think it would have tasted so much better warmed up.  I was expecting a fruit filled pastry crust.  Instead it was much more like fruitcake, which I am a huge fan of.


No matter if it fulfilled expectations or not, it was a fun dessert for our family to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...