Saturday, August 24, 2019

The white stuff

When people think of popular treat flavors in Japan, hojicha (roasted green tea), matcha (ground green tea powder), and sakura (cherry blossom) first come to mind.  One doesn't typically think of milk.  Yes, you heard me.  Milk.

Milk flavor is sweet and simple - much sweeter than the stuff in the gallon jugs.  It is the vanilla without the vanilla bean.  It's a little dollop of sweetened condensed milk instead of a bold flavor.  Often found in the freezer section and candy aisles, it is a popular choice.


I have always been a fan.  It reminds me of Japanese birthday cake, with its whipped cream in place of buttercream.  It is nothing fancy, just a simple sweet treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...