Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Here comes the rain again

They tell me that today is the last day of the rainy season.  It feels like it has been going on forever!  I learned that last year was one of the shortest rainy seasons, but this one is lasting a bit longer than usual.  What is really different is that this rainy season has been super gray.  For the past several weeks we've had an average of 2 hours of sunlight a day!  It has reminded me of the Pacific Northwest winter, except it is hot and humid!


Each summer, the kindergarten opens its pool for a few days for students to have the chance to swim, but also to transition to summer a little smoother.  2 of the 3 days have already been canceled due to rainy conditions.  Tomorrow is the last chance for the kids to enjoy a class swim time together. 

Right now it is pouring so loudly outside that I can hear it through the closed door and over the air conditioner. 

Typically you hear of people doing rain dances, but I've been doing the end the rain right now dance!  Of course, once it does stop, I'll be complaining about the heat and humidity as they get worse and worse during the next couple months.  My oh my!  Nothing like a Japanese summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...