Friday, February 22, 2019

The eagle has landed

We don't get guests very often.  I don't take it personally.  It is really expensive to come to Tokyo.  So, when we do have guests, it is a really big deal for us. 

My stepmom arrived for a visit today.  I got my son out of school early and we headed to Narita Airport to pick her up.  The hour and 45 minute journey was a bit painful with my son asking every few minutes "how much longer?"  But we made it.

When she walked out of customs, we jumped for joy.  It has been 4 months since we went to the US and saw any of our loved ones in the flesh.  Distance is so hard!

After the long flight, she was tired.  But we made the journey back home together, including one very tight train where she was relieved to get freed from the sardine treatment after being squished beyond belief for 6 stops.

We met my husband for a quick dinner of yakitori (skewered, grilled chicken) and headed home where we helped her to get settled and we all collapsed from exhaustion. 

Tomorrow the adventure will begin.  But first we need a good night's rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...