Wednesday, February 28, 2018

DisneySea

A second Disney park in the heart of Tokyo!  As crazy as that sounds it is very true.  DisneySea was built due to demand - Disney is HUGE in Japan. It is a special park, unlike any other. It has a sea theme (no surprise there) and has boats a plenty. Most of the rides have water features of some kind.  Some of the rides are 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Nemo & Friends Searider, Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster, and more.  There were a handful of rides my son was too short (under 117cm) to ride.  We left those for grandma and grandpa to test out.


The park had the classic Disney feel and there was a ton to do.  However, I never fully got my bearings within the park because there is a huge mountain in the center of the park, which houses the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride (which my son is too short to ride), that should be the main landmark.  But there are menu things to do inside the mountain and it can't be seen from all parts of the park.  This is to say, I kept getting turned around.  Eventually, we did make it to all the various areas.

The parades were a little different in DisneySea - they traveled along water in boats.  Different and fun!


I must admit my favorite area was the Mermaid Lagoon.  Most of it is inside, which could be too crowded and crazy, but it wasn't too bad today.  The whole area is so aesthetically pleasing.  You do feel a bit like you're in Ariel's world.  All the rides are for young kids, which was great since there's so much that they can't do in other parts of the park.


They also had good things to eat!


At the end of the day, we enjoyed the Fantasmic show with Scorcerer Mickey and friends. It was reminiscent of a show I saw in Disney World, with fireworks and the whole 9 yards.  It was a great way to end the day.


I'm so glad we decided to stay in a hotel one last night, because the thought of riding the train home right now is totally overwhelming. I hope my son sleeps in later than 6:30 am.  I would be so grateful if he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...