Monday, February 26, 2018

Arriving early

When planning my parent's trip to visit us, I tried to make sure they would see and do a lot.  I also tried to leave time for relaxation and regeneration. This wasn't just for them, but also for my sanity, my husband's patience bandwidth, and my son's ability to continue on.  We've been busy, busy, busy.  Going to Osaka was an endurance test, especially with how much we walked (so MANY stairs going in and out of train stations) and sleeping in the same tiny Airbnb (no breaks from each other).

When we decided to go to Osaka, I intentionally left a day with nothing planned before we spent two days at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea.  This morning, we slept in until the late hour of 8:30 (is there really such a thing as sleeping in when you have a four year old?).  Then we had a filling breakfast of eggs, sausage, scones, and strawberries. After drawing my dad a map to the bike store, he headed out, while I finished packing for my son and me.  My stepmom went to the shopping center.  When I had everything ready for our Disney adventure, I took my son to the park to play with his friends for a couple hours. The weather was lovely.  It felt great to sit in the sunshine for a bit and chat with friends.

We all returned to the house around 1 pm, to have a small lunch and start our journey to the Disney parks.  The route I chose had fewer transfers, but it took a little longer.  The 2 hour trip didn't feel that long since we were all very excited for what laid ahead.

As our train was nearing the station, we could see the castle and other familiar landmarks. My son was practically jumping off his seat. He demanded to know when he was going to meet Mickey.  This kid is on a mission!

We transferred to the Disney Monorail, called Disney Resort Line, which was cutely decorated with Mickey shaped windows and handrails. Between that and the smiling staff, we knew we had arrived to be a part of something magical.


Our hotel, the Sheraton Grand, is a partner hotel.  Since it isn't a Disney resort, it only features Disney themed items in the artwork on the lobby level.  We were put in a bay facing room, which is quite nice.  The water view is so nice!


When planning the trip, I decided we would stay in a hotel right next to the resort so we didn't have to travel back and forth.  That way, we can spend those extra three hours having fun instead of sitting on a train.  If it was just adults, we'd probably make the trek, but it isn't worth the added stress with a four year old.

We checked in, had dinner, and I went out for the evening while my parents watched my son (my husband isn't joining us for this adventure).  I went back to the train station where there is a large shopping area.  I thought it would be like Downtown Disney at Disney World, but alas, it is just another shopping mall.  4 floors of clothes, shoes, bags, eyewear, lotions, and other regular stuff you can see anywhere.  There was only one Disney Store.  While huge, it only offered a couple Tokyo Disneyland special items.  I wasn't impressed. But it didn't dampen my spirits.  I am at Disneyland after all!

Tomorrow we shall rise early and embark on my son's first Disneyland experience.  I can't wait to share this with him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...