Friday, March 5, 2021

Life is just a game

Sticking close to home is getting more and more draining. We have to work harder to find things to do around the house because we feel like we have been on repeat for a while now.

My husband decided it would be fun to buy some more board games. He heard about an international board game shop that might help us find a new game that everyone could play. Why would we need to go to an international board game shop? It all boils down to instructions! We need something that has English instructions so anyone in our household (I) can play at any time.

Just 9km (5.6 miles) away, in Koenji, is Sugorokuya, a cute little shop filled with games from all over the world.


We saw several familiar games and many that we've never seen before from Germany, Australia, and many other places. Each game came with the original instructions as well as a second set in Japanese.


We knew we would pick up a couple new games, but had no idea that we would bring home THE CUTEST GAME EVER MADE! Ever since traveling to Australia in college, I have been obsessed with echidnas! This store carried Echidna Shuffle, a game where little plastic echidnas help bugs find homes in stumps. I'm enamored with this game.


It just goes to show me that when I'm feeling like I'm all alone as a foreigner in this country, there are places I can go to find a little bit of fun.


We're now having lots of family time playing games together. It has been nice to try out some new games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...