Sunday, July 5, 2020

Re-elected

Tokyo hit the polls today to vote for the governor race.  There were 23 candidates in this election, a record number of people vying for the position.

My husband took our son to the local polling station.  I'm so used to using mail-in ballots, it is still interesting for me to have him "go" and vote.  But I actually think it is a great thing for our son to see and learn.  

We had the television on at 8 pm, when the polling stations officially closed.  Within seconds, the incumbent, Governor Koike, came on screen to accept the results of her re-election.  

I was surprised since the voting is not done electronically.  It is with paper and pen.  But the results were announced based on the exit polls, of which she received 60% of the vote.

I am guessing it will be confirmed in a day or two after the official ballots are actually counted and registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...