Sunday, June 28, 2020

Covid numbers on the rise again

Tokyo's infection rate is on the rise again.  There have been 334 new Covid-19 diagnoses in the past week, averaging almost 48 per day.  Of course I don't want to live closed up and fearful for the next couple of years.  But this is discouraging.

Many fingers are being pointed at bars, especially host clubs where people pay for a companion to sit and drink with them.  I have never experienced a host bar, but they are very popular in some areas, especially in big cities.  They don't tend to be quiet private affairs, but more like have a party at your table with very energetic "friends".  I've heard they can get quite spendy (over $100 per hour, not including drinks).  But this is all just hearsay.

Host clubs are not sexual in nature.  They are for fun and having someone to hang out with - giving the client someone's (or multiple people's) undivided attention.

I've never heard of such a thing in the US, but it isn't the circles I generally run in.  So, maybe they are there, I just don't know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...