Sunday, December 15, 2019

Rooftop Star Garden

I love a good holiday light illumination.  We've definitely made the rounds to many of the local ones around Tokyo.  Each time we see another display, I get the holiday spirit like a young child.  Pure joy washes over me.

Tonight we wandered over to Ginza to check out a new illumination called Rooftop Star Garden.  This is the first year that the shopping mall Ginza Six held an illumination on their rooftop terrace.  Frankly, they knocked it out of the park.

We arrived shortly before dark and were witness to an amazing sunset.  I don't know how we managed to get so lucky, but it was the most gorgeous sunset I've seen in a while.  From on top of the building, there is an excellent view of Tokyo Tower.  With the sun setting behind it, it was a picturesque scene.


The light show was simple, with two areas featuring lights.  The forest area donned star-like lasers that delighted my son.  He raced through the area pretending to jump from star to star.  It was really beautiful and relaxed me even more than I was following the sunset.


The second area was the water fountain area that has been transformed into an LED "Shooting Star".  Timed to music, the fountain was mesmerizing.  I found a seat and watched the show.  It really drew me in.  It was great to sit there and enjoy the show while my son ran around and around the fountain.  I don't know why the place wasn't packed, but there were hardly any people there.


The lights of the season are truly magical.  I'm so thankful I am able to experience them with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...